Established in 1984, we provide a comprehensive and confidential service to members of the legal profession and to others who may require the services of a Forensic Scientist.
Hayward Associates is independent of all Police and other Government Agencies. With our principal offices in Cambridgeshire and Greater Manchester and satellite offices in various areas in England, we are able to provide an efficient service to all parts of the U.K. and abroad.
Our personnel are all acknowledged experts in their specialist scientific disciplines and are of proven ability at the scenes of incidents and in all levels of Court.
How We Can Help You
We can provide a wide range of services to assist with your cases, using our extensive experience of working predominantly for the Defence for over 20 years.
At the outset of the case, we study the case papers and, when necessary, discuss the case with you before providing a free estimate for the work you need, within legal aid rates of remuneration.
Thereafter, we can assist you in a range of different ways:
- Checking the results and conclusions obtained on behalf of the Prosecution.
- Re-interpreting the findings in the light of your client’s explanation of events.
- Examining additional items.
- Commissioning new, or additional analyses.
- Preparing reports or Section 9 Statements for use by yourselves, or the Court.
- Attending court to give evidence, or to support the Defence team by assisting with cross-examination.
- Providing scientific expertise in a wide range of evidential types.
- Explaining the science - whether simply the analytical techniques used, or the underlying principles involved.